Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So I think....

that when we try to make plans, God laughs. Not in spite, or in anger, but because he just knows better. No matter what decision or choice we make, its up to that Big Guy Upstairs to approve the paperwork, and personally, I think more often then not, once our choices come across his desk, he gets quite the chuckle.


Planning is ridiculous. I'm not quite sure whose idea it was to begin with, but they have poor judgement. I don't know who they thought they were kidding in tempting fate, and trying to decide our own destiny, but they're just flat out silly.


Someone very wise once told me that "everything happens for a reason, and if you can't find a reason, there is a reason for that too."


yep.
so here comes to optimism, and a list (which obviously always go hand-in-hand)
these are all of the things that I am going to do while Romeo is out-of-town-
  • Go visit the my favorite lovelies in GA
  • Roadtrip home with my PIC Caly, and visit family in time for some traditions.
  • Clean, and I mean CLEAN my car, and now the Jeep also.
  • Paint the interior of the house, and proceed in making it "home-y"
  • Volunteer, either with something directly related to Romeo, or in something completely different. Maybe both.
  • Practice cooking, because even though I have the thought of him eating MRE's for 6 months on my side, I could still use some practice.
  • Powerwash the deck, restain it, and make it a warm-weather paradise come warm-weather season.
  • Make friends.
  • Train. Marathon date May/June 2010. For me, and also because Romeo's request was to not come back to a wife who had doubled in size.
  • Finish Thank-you notes. Really finish them.
  • Play with Caly. All the time.
  • Write letters home, to everyone! Send cards and gifts, just because I'm thinking of them, which I always am.
  • Plant flowers. Enjoy springtime.

And thats what I have. I have things to do, and things to keep busy. But NO plans. Just a list. And love. lots and lots and lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. i think you should come visit in new york too! because who wouldnt want to leave beacutiful, sunny, warm weather to come to this winter disaster?? hehe

    ReplyDelete