Friday, April 9, 2010

Life notes.

Borrowed from my brillant, and recently Californian cousin, here are my little love notes.

Dear North Carolina,
I would like to thank you for your beautiful weather, March tan-lines, and lack of cold. BUT I would really appreciate it if you would keep your pollen situation under control.

Dear Caly,
I love you ridiculously, but if you continue to jump the fence, I am going to begin questioning our relationship. Also, I'm sorry to inform you this way, but at some point, you are going to need to begin sleeping in your kennel. Whenever that father of yours comes home, I don't think he's going to be to fond of giving up his spot in bed for you.

Dear US Army,
I am very proud of you and ALL of your Soldiers, but can I have mine back now? Please? I promise I'll take care of him!

Dear NJ and Family,
I miss you all terribly. Please come visit me soon. But fly. Please fly. For your sanity.

Dear Yard and Weeds,
Please stop growing! Please? Life was so much easier when the thought of a lawnmower wasn't remotely present.

Dear Romeo,
I know, I know, I know. You are miserable. You should be. But PLEASE try to be optimistic for the next couple weeks. When you're not happy, the days drag on and on. Find something to be happy about. Things could be much worse. I love you, and I'm rooting for you to come home yesterday. Please smile, and be confident that it will all be over soon.

Dear Me,
Be patient. Be kind. Be open-minded. Be strong.

Love,
Megster

3 comments:

  1. Love you!! and I am SOOOO PROUD of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Gods sake, you live in N.C. after all, tie that dog to a car tire and have him drag it around the yard to kill the weeds, then she won't care where she sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is - esp the last two notes made my heart ticklish!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete